Marriage is one of the most intimate and significant relationships we share, besides our relationship with God. Marriage can be one of the most uplifting or one of the most difficult aspects of life. Marriage Matters exists to help couples cultivate a healthy, lifelong marriage that is intentionally growing in their love for God and each other. Whether your marriage is struggling or thriving, we want to help your marriage become all that God designed it to be.
To Develop A Healthy, Thriving Marriage Every Couple Needs To:
1. Intentionally Invest In Their Growth
Life is busy and all of us have lots to do, but are you taking time to pour into your marriage? This might mean you attend a Big Night Out event or a marriage seminar, read a marriage book as a couple or go on a weekly date. The question is: what are you doing to intentionally invest in your marriage every year? It won’t just happen on it’s own and just because you’ve made it this far doesn’t mean you still can’t have a better, deeper relationship with your spouse. So are you just coasting in your marriage or are you being intentional to grow a deeper, stronger relationship?
2. Connect With Other Couples
Let’s face it, marriage can be tough and developing a thriving marriage takes work, but it’s easier when you connect with other couples who will offer encouragement and support to your marriage. This is why we offer small groups and marriage mentoring to help you regularly connect with other couples, because we need each other to develop healthy, thriving marriages. So who are the people that are encouraging your marriage and cheering you on? Who are the people that are pushing you to become the best spouse you can be? Who are the people you are regularly meeting with so they can speak into your life and you can do the same for them?
How We’re Here to Help
• Big Night Out – These events are a great opportunity to enjoy an evening where you’ll have the chance to laugh, meet some new friends, hear a short message on marriage, engage in some discussion at your table and have some fun in the process. Our hope is that these quarterly events expose every couple to what a healthy marriage looks like and inspire them to take an intentional next step to grow as a couple.
• Classes & Seminars – Marriage enrichment classes and seminars are designed to help every couple understand what a healthy marriage looks like and to begin to practice those principles, typically within a 7-10 week class or a 1-2 day seminar.
• Mentoring – Marriage mentoring exists to help more experienced couples (mentors) walk alongside less experienced couples so that good marriages become great, couples in distress can be encouraged and a solid foundation can be built for engaged and newlywed couples.
• Premarital Instruction – Couples preparing for marriage are connected with an experienced couple for 10 weeks to help them explore topics such as family and personal history, expectations, conflict resolution, sex and finances. It is a mandatory course for anyone seeking to be married at Olive Branch or by an Olive Branch pastor. You can download an application here and then contact Brent Branchaud for more details.
• Small Groups – This is a place where you can connect with three to five other couples to find encouragement, support and friends who will help you grow spiritually and develop a stronger marriage.
• Tools & Resources – Sometimes couples are motivated to invest in the health of their marriage, but they don’t know how to do it or where to start. That’s why these tools and resources are regularly offered to help couples grow closer to one another.
Volunteering to Help
We’re always looking for volunteers who have a heart to help other couples. We are always looking for people to help with events, classes, mentoring, and other areas. If you’re interested in serving on the Marriage team, then please contact Marriage Matters ministry.